This is a special paint that comes in a light green colour. Once on the surface with the special undercoat, the paint ‘charges up’ when light is available. When lights fail, for example, in a power cut, the surface will glow in the dark for a limited time which could help people find their out of the building. It is therefore ideal for use in enclosed areas to identify exits in case of emergency.
- Luminous Paint is suitable for both indoor and outdoor use
- Ideal for exit directions, emergency doors or even for artistic/theatrical effects
- Available in 500ml and 2.5 litres
- Suitable for use on wood, metal (with a metal primer), plaster and concrete/masonry.
This paint is the ideal way to identify hazards. It is a high visibility paint that comes in 5 colours. It works by converting UV light into visible light and is also reflective. For example, it will shine bright when car headlights shine onto the paint on a skip. It will always appear brighter than adjacent non fluorescent colours, highlighting hazards, fire fighting equipment, emergency exits, etc. Please note that this will not show any benefit in darkness without light shining on it. If you need this, use Luminous Paint.
- Fluorescent Paint is designed to create a neon effect finish
- This product is a high visibility coating which is effective in daylight or under lights at night
- Ideal for use on bicycles, skips, bollards, fishing floats, bridges, signs etc
- Can be used internally and externally
- Fluorescent Paint is suitable for use on wood, metal and masonry
3 Step process involves
- Base for Fluorescent Paint
Provides a high density white base coat which is essential for the Paint system to function.
- Fluorescent or Luminous Paint
- Protective Coat for Fluorescent Paint
A clear coating for use over SPO Fluorescent Paint, protecting the colour and finish from wear. Especially useful outdoors to protect from the weather or in high traffic areas such as floors.
The clear coat is an absolute necessity for exterior applications, both products will have a tendency to fade outside and the clear will slow down this fading process. The maintenance schedule for the Fluorescent paint externally is likely to be a 6-12 month re-painting cycle.
Note – both of these paints work best as a two or three paint system along with a foundation base and a clear protective coat for high wear or exterior environments.